Welcome to Illinois Soccer Referee Committee
New referees must be 13 years old at the time of registration
Step 1) U.S. Soccer Learning Center
- a) To start the learning process, access the U.S. Soccer Learning Center website and “Sign Up” to create a Referee profile at the following link: https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee
- Make sure a unique email is used for each referee.
- Sign up using the referee’s name & DOB. (not the parent or guardian)
- A secondary email (e.g., parent, other) field is available as well.
b) Once your profile is complete, log in to your U.S. Soccer Learning Center account register and complete the Grassroots Entry Level Course
- The course is a ~ 4.5-hour e-learning experience that prepares candidates for their assigned tasks and responsibilities as a Grassroots referee. All online course work must be compeleted one week before attending the scheduled final webinar.
- The webniar is a 2 hour information webniar to discuss things that will occur during their duties as Grassroots referee.
- Most classroom issues can be resolved by periodically clearing your cache/cookies and restarting your browser.
c) If you are 18 years of age or older you will also need to complete the SafeSport Training course, also located in the U.S. Soccer Learning center.
d) After completing your required course(s), please click on your login name on the U.S. Soccer Learning Center and select “Profile” (found when you click on your name in the top RH page of your browser).
- Download the certificates for the courses you have completed and return here to upload.
- U.S. Soccer Grassroots Referee – Online module completion certificate
- SafeSport trained certificate